Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Davis Double Century & Tour of California -Packing

Got all the packing done, got the ride set up.  Even got a sponsor, thank you Nuun!

Now just need to get some sleep.

Tonight, I will be working the normal shift at the YMCA, and then to sleep hopefully by 11pm. To get back up again at 3am, and on the road to meet up with fellow team-mates to head down to Davis, CA.  That's ok, tonight will be a perfect field test (second attempt) for Calms Forte, a natural sleep aid.  Don't worry, it has things like chamomile, green tea extract, and eye of newt.  So no narcotics, and so far no side effects!  Although, it's pretty much had no effect as well. Tonight I will see if it can take some of the 'edge off' my nervousness at the end of the night, and allow me to forget about all the things I didn't pack.

Isn't that strange?  We worry about the things that we forgot to pack.  Worry about forgetting something?  Perhaps we should be worried about remembering something instead.  One of those half-empty/half-full things I guess.  So I'm trying to 'Forget' about the things 'I Didn't Remember'.  Wish me luck...

The Davis Double Century is right near Sacramento, and hosts this years AMGEN Tour of California for stage 2 on Monday 5/17. I wonder if any of the competitors will be tooling around the course before their stage race the next day...



See the Tours site here: http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/

We will be able to catch stage 1 of the tour on Sunday, and look forward to seeing some of the top level racers up close and personal.  Hopefully, we can find a nice hilly spot, and run next to them wearing ridiculous hats and capes.  I'm thinking viking horns FTW.

Viking helmet or not, promises to be a fun time. Just more fun if we can be there to encourage the pros in costume.  Look for me on Univeral Sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment