Friday, February 5, 2010

Closing up the Y

Went in tonight for a quick ride on the spin bikes with the tv screen (awesome).  Since I couldn't make it to Campy's class today, I'm tearing my hair out (what's left), and need to get in to get some usage on the legs before tomorrows ride. It was tough, but I wanted to support the wife and sister getting in early to the gym, and looking at a potential house. 

So instead of pumping the pedals to Sandstorm or Cake,"Going the distance".  I was here juggling the kiddos.  Oh well, it was fun to spend some time with them, and I think the cold bug that's got all the kids sick has taken ahold of me too.  But I'm not worried, it burns off quickly just like everything else... thank you cardio.

After watching an episode of 'Dirty Jobs' on the bike and some thinly veiled Discovery channel show about why we should harvest embryonic stem cells... I hit the pool for 45 minutes, and did some zipper drills feeling quite relaxed.

Also, I think I just figured out how to increase mileage in the pool.  Swim as far as I can with a pull buoy.  Say 10 laps.  Then increase it as quickly as possible, using the pull buoy to give easy laps. At 30 laps start removing the buoy for the last 2, then 4, then 6... until all 30 laps are without the buoy.  Let's eat this elephant called distance one bite at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment