Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Still sick? ...on with the cardio...

Well the sick bug has traveled into the lungs, and based on internet advice 1. it's ok to ride 2. it's not ok to ride 3. I should try to swallow 1 tablespoon of cinnamon, dry.  I think I'd prefer #1.

Went to Campy's spin class on Monday, and it was really challenging not being able to push it as hard as normal.  Kept the HR in 160-165 range most of the time, on purpose.  This is 20bpm slower than typical, so of course it's hard to go light.  But during a couple of songs, "Come on Irene" in particular I was able to get back up to 185 without problem.  The recovery HR didn't drop as quickly as it usually does, otherwise I'm not really feeling this bug much.

I've heard that if you push hard on cardio when you've got a virus that it will weaken the immune system enough to allow the bug to spread even more.  This of course will knock you out even longer than if you'd never trained.  So use caution!

After the cycling, spent a couple minutes in the pool.  Again still working on distance, streamlining, and efficiency.  It seems I'm getting better at the crawl stroke, and it's really nice!  Thank you Total Immersion videos


And thank you King County Library system for carrying the Freestyle Made Easy video!

No comments:

Post a Comment