Saturday, February 6, 2010

Rice Ride

Headed out today for the 56 miler, and bringing my brother along.  He says he may cut out part way, but it’s going to be a beautiful ride if the weatherman is right. After he cuts out I’m going to try pushing it a bit on Union hill to get the HR up, then tinker with nutrition a bit. 

The plan is to bring Accelerade and Nuuns, with powerbar backups, and maybe some raisons just in case.  I’ve got the pump, and spare tube, along with a patch kit and will refill water bottles in Redmond, then try to get all the way to Monroe on 2 bottles. 

My backup plan is to stop over in Duvall if needed to refill, but I’m guessing it’ll be just fine.  56 miles is only maybe 3 bottles, but I have been feeling a bit slow.  Think I am catching, or am fighting a cold that has the whole family sick. So could be a bit more than 3 bottles, with a slower overall pace.  I expect it will take just over 3 hours, at a conservative pace.

This will be a Rice Ride.  The kind of ride that goes well with almost any main course, and tends to be the staple of the diet.  Still need something else to go with it, but it is a filler, and works well in a pinch, plus it's cheap and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment